By increasing your average order value, you can quickly add more dollars to your bank account every month. And it’s not that difficult—just lean into upselling and cross-selling tools like ReConvert.
ReConvert is a post-purchase upsell and cross-sell app for Shopify. It allows you to display products after a customer has completed their purchase or is on the product page still making a decision.
But while ReConvert has a lot of benefits, it may not be the best fit for all businesses. If you want pre-purchase upsells or checkout upsells, ReConvert will not work. We’ve curated some of the top ReConvert alternatives here that you can choose from instead.
A brief about ReConvert
ReConvert is a powerful upsell and cross-sell app that allows you to display offers on your post-purchase thank-you pages. It has a decent page customizer and a template that you can use to start with the page design. It also allows you to create a page from scratch with the elements that the app offers.
However, ReConvert does not offer a high degree of customization on how the offers are displayed. Along with that, it also does not do pre-purchase upsells which you may need.
If you have a Shopify Plus store, you can use AOVboost to leverage the checkout customization available with the Plus subscription. Here’s a quick comparison between ReConvert and AOVboost to help you get started.
But if you’re on the standard Shopify store, you can try the other tools in this list for pre- and post-purchase upselling.
Top ReConvert Alternatives for Shopify and Shopify Plus
Let’s now look at some of the top ReConvert alternatives that you can choose from.
AOVboost is a powerful Shopify checkout upsell app. It helps increase your average order value by allowing you to cross-sell or upsell products on the checkout page. Since the offers are shown right when the customer is ready to make the purchase, adding the product to their cart allows them to purchase the additional products without going through another checkout.
If you like batching your work for later, AOVboost helps you do that easily. Simply create offers in advance and set dates or date ranges for the offers to become active. AOVboost then automatically triggers the offers on those dates and customers can begin opting in for them.
You can also design your offers to match brand style. But do note, AOVboost only works for Shopify Plus stores. If your store hasn’t been upgraded to Plus yet, you may find other ReConvert alternatives that fulfill some of your requirements.
- Custom checkout upsells allow you to grab the attention of your customers right when they’re about to complete the purchase.
- Fully customizable upsell and cross-sell offer boxes giving you the choice to match the boxes with your existing styles or make them stand out
- Option to add a free “Gift with Purchase” at checkout
- The ability to upsell products based on the value of the cart will help you show different offers automatically when a minimum amount of cart value is met.
- Want to set a discount for a few days? Set a date range for your offer to show up and AOVBoost will take care of the rest
- Add custom discounts to your upsell offers thus increasing conversions and making more sales.
AOVboost has one plan — $249/month. It offers unlimited access to all the revenue-generating features to improve AOV and increase store conversions.
- Easy to install and set up — Simply install the app and you’re ready to get started upselling
- Make offers look like they’re part of the checkout page with complete control over the look and feel
- Allow the addition of upsold products with a single click so customers can complete their purchases right away
- Offer discounts on products that are upsold without installing more apps or needing support
- Set the discounts and offers to automatically trigger on specific dates or date ranges so you can create all your offers upfront
- Works with all Shopify themes
- Shopify Plus only as the checkout customization is currently limited to these upgraded stores
2. AfterSell Upsell & Cross Sell
Aftersell is a native post-purchase offer extension for Shopify that allows store owners to increase their average order value by showing a series of one-click offers after the initial purchase.
These offers can be customized to fit the brand, and customers can accept them with just one click. There is no need for customers to re-enter payment information or go through checkout again.
It is a great Checkout Promotions alternative as it allows for more customization and is mobile-optimized. Aftersell also integrates with Nosto, Loox, Stamped, and Judge.me, ReCharge, and other apps that you may use for managing the operations of your store.
- Post-purchase offers that allow you to create high-converting one-click upsell right after the customer has completed payment.
- Offer customization that lets you design your post-purchase offers to match your brand, including adding countdown timers, images, and text blocks.
- Built-in A/B testing that makes it easy to split-test your offers and see which ones convert the best.
- Automatic merging of post-purchase offers into the original order, so you can keep track of everything in one place.
- Customizable thank you pages that allow you to add reviews, FAQs, and other widgets to reduce buyer’s remorse and increase customer loyalty.
- In-depth analytics tracking lets you see how your post-purchase offers are performing and make changes accordingly.
Aftersell starts Free for up to 50 monthly store orders (not orders generated by the app). Prices increase depending on the number of monthly store orders, with the highest tier being $29.99/month for up to 500 monthly store orders.
- Offers scarcity elements on the post-purchase pages that can be a great way to encourage more customers to take the offer.
- Fully customizable making the post-purchase upsell pages look like your website without making the offers look out of place.
- Multi-layered post-purchase funnels allow you to add up to 2 upsells and 1 down-sell giving you more opportunities to make the additional sale.
- Has a clean interface that makes it a delight to use regularly.
- Does not have the option to sell more than one product on the upsell page so you may need to find the one that you think works best.
- Lacks in-app instructions that may be needed for some users. However, the support compensates for any self-help knowledgebases.
3. Upsell by ONE
Upsell By ONE is a powerful post-purchase upsell app for Shopify that allows you to create personalized upsell offers for your customers. With built-in split testing, it’s easy to optimize your funnel for maximum revenue. Plus, native Shopify integration makes it simple to increase campaign performance and save time on creating upsells.
With Upsell By ONE, you can increase your average order value and boost sales by also offering discounts on products that complement what your customers have already purchased. The app also gives you complete control over how and when an offer is displayed to customers on the checkout page — the place where they’re ready to make the purchase.
- Has fully-customizable post-purchase upsells where you can design the entire page from scratch or use one of the 3000+ themes that are pre-built for you to use.
- You can also use the app to create cross-sells, which are displayed on product pages and in the cart.
- There is also an abandoned checkout recovery system that will allow you to recover lost sales by sending follow-up emails to customers who don’t complete their purchases.
- ONE offers a loyalty program where you can give points to customers for making purchases, writing reviews, and more. You can then use these points to offer discounts or free products.
- The app also has a gamification system that you can use to engage customers and increase sales.
- There is an AI product recommendation engine that will suggest products to customers based on their purchase history.
Upsell by ONE is part of the app suite where you must purchase individual apps. However, installing the app is free.
- Allows multiple sales channels on the app including loyalty programs, upsells, and cross-sells.
- Offers email marketing tools built within the app to help you get your nurture sequences set up.
- Can be considered a one-stop solution for most marketing campaigns as it involves a lot.
- Great customer support that is available instantly via live chat and tends to go above and beyond.
- Navigation can be difficult and it takes a while to get used to the complete UI of the app.
- Creating new campaigns is not intuitive and may require you to get in touch with support.
- May not be the best solution as ONE tries to do everything for everyone.
UpsellPlus is a checkout upsell app only for Shopify Plus stores. It helps merchants increase their Average Order Value (AOV) by offering custom-designed upsells on the checkout page.
UpsellPlus is easy to set up and use, and it offers a wide range of customization options to match offers to your store’s theme and style. You can also use ShopBrain, UpsellPlus’ AI engine, to automatically recommend the best upsell funnels for your store.
- The customizable design allows you to create fully custom offer pages that match your site design and grab customers’ eyes.
- Smart rules & ShopBrain AI is a powerful product recommendation engine that analyzes users’ buying behavior and suggests products that may be best suited for them.
- Multi-language and multi-currency for international Plus stores.
- Optimized for mobile and desktop so no matter which device your customers are using to browse the website, your offer pages will look the same.
- Performance dashboard and analytics that let you take a deep dive into the insights gathered from your offers.
UpsellPlus checkout starts at $49/month for the launch plan for up to $500 in monthly upsell revenue. The highest tier at $299/month offers unlimited upsell revenue.
- Full customizability on how the upsells look and feel on your post-purchase pages helps you match them to your website’s design.
- Automatically recommend products for upsells through ShopBrain AI, making the process of creating upsells much easier.
- Optimized for mobile devices so even your mobile visitors can see the same upsell as your desktop ones.
- Performance dashboards and analytics to track how well your upsell campaigns are performing.
- Limited to Shopify plus stores for its checkout customizability.
- Can be difficult to install as users require support help to get started.
OrderBump is a one-click upsell app that helps merchants increase their average order value through checkout and post-purchase cross-sells and upsells. With an easy setup and flat monthly pricing, there are no percentages of sales taken – making it a great way to boost store revenue.
It takes just a few minutes to create your offer products to display to your customers, and can be set to target specific products that they already have in their carts and orders. OrderBump integrates with ReCharge, Skio, Bold Subscription, Shop Pay, and all Shopify subscription or checkout apps that utilize the Shopify checkout.
- Cross-sell and upsell offers with targeting enabled to allow you to only show offers to those who would find them relevant
- Lots of customization options so the offers do not look out of place
- One-click in-checkout upsells, cross-sells, and post-purchase upsells to enable easy checkout for those who opt into the offer
Orderbump starts at $39/month for standard Shopify stores and offers post-purchase upsells. You can go for the $139/month plan for Shopify Plus stores that adds checkout upsells.
- Order Bump has great cross-selling and upselling features that can help increase your average order value.
- You can test and optimize your upsells with built-in A/B testing, and track your results with detailed analytics.
- Orderbump allows you to offer additional products or services to your customers at checkout, increasing your average order value.
- Customizable checkout offer placement makes it easy to prioritize which bumps to show up first when you have multiple upsells.
- Setting up Orderbump can be difficult for those without a technical background. You need to follow the installation process that requires you to add snippets of code within your Shopify liquid files.
- The upsell boxes can look out of place with the lack of design customization.
Ready to boost your store’s AOV with the perfect app?
Getting started with boosting your average order value (AOV) requires proper strategizing and planning. You cannot invest time and energy into tools that may not yield you the best results long term.
If you’re a Shopify store, you can show offers on pre- and post-purchase pages. The apps listed above have a standard Shopify option that you can use to run upsells or cross-sells on your store.
But if you’re a Shopify Plus store, you may want an app that can leverage the added checkout customization feature allowing you to show offers right on the checkout page.
AOVboost is designed for Shopify Plus stores with a single purpose—showcase offers on the checkout pages to provide the highest conversions possible.
If you’re a Shopify Plus store and haven’t used AOVboost yet, you’re leaving money on the table!