Don’t like the limited customizability of Rebuy? Take a look at the top Rebuy alternatives for upselling on Shopify.
The lockdown caused a 146% increase in online shopping and a lot of brick-and-mortar stores moved their operations online.
But starting an online store is just one part of the equation.
You need to learn customer acquisition and retention, conversion optimization, customer experience, and online marketing strategies to make your store successful.
While you need to acquire new customers, retaining them is almost seven times cheaper for your business. Existing customers also spend 67% more than new customers making it easier and more profitable than overspending on customer acquisition.
Problems with selling on ecommerce
Ecommerce stores suffer from abysmally low conversion rates — an average of just 2%. And this also leads to lower profits. There are three common reasons for this.
Difficulty finding the right audience
This can be difficult because there are hundreds of businesses competing for attention. According to a study by Forrester, only 22% of small businesses feel they have a good understanding of their target market. This lack of understanding can make it hard to determine where to focus your marketing efforts and how to reach potential customers.
Competition from similar product sellers
Such competition can make it difficult to differentiate your product and attract customers. In addition, it can also drive prices down, making it harder to generate profits. 81% of online shoppers say they always or often compare prices before making a purchase.
This highlights the importance of offering a competitive price point and ensuring that your product is differentiated from other similar products on the market.
Difficult to get noticed among other stores
Given the vastness of the internet and a large number of products available for sale, it can be difficult to make your product stand out from the crowd and get noticed by potential customers.
There are several ways you can try to overcome this challenge, such as using search engine optimization (SEO) techniques to ensure your product appears high in search results, investing in pay-per-click (PPC) advertising, or using social media marketing to generate word-of-mouth buzz.
However, even with these strategies, it can still be difficult to cut through all the noise and reach potential customers.
Solution: Increase Average Order Value
A whole lot of ecommerce stores resort to cutting prices to gain market share. But that’s a losing strategy because you need to eat into your store’s profits. The better way is to boost your AOV by making more profit from the same customers.
The conversion rate will also be much higher as existing customers are easier to convert than new ones. So if you want to start upselling to your customers, this list of apps is all you need to boost your Shopify store’s AOV — Rebuy is just one of them.
All about Rebuy
Rebuy is a post-purchase upsell app that helps you boost Shopify store AOV through rule-based product recommendations.
Rebuy uses AI to personalize the shopping experience for each visitor and increase sales. It offers recommendations at key decision points, like the home page, cart, checkout (Shopify Plus Only), and outside of your URL.
You can also use marketing links to generate carts and checkouts with auto-applied discounts and gifts. And Smart Cart converts more traffic by eliminating extra clicks and scrolling to reduce cart abandonment.
But if you don’t like some of the limitations of Rebuy like its lack of customizability or the difficult installation, you may want to look at a few Rebuy alternatives here.
Top Rebuy alternatives for Shopify Post Purchase in 2022
Rebuy is one of the most popular apps on the market, but there are better ones out there. With Rebuy, it’s difficult to customize how the post-purchase offers look, the layouts, and the rules for setting up offers can be quite limiting.
So let’s take a look at some of the better Rebuy alternatives out there.
AOVboost is a powerful Shopify checkout upsell app. It allows you to increase your average order value by cross-selling complementary products during checkout. You can customize your offer products from your store, and control the discount amount and date range.
AOVboost gives you complete control over how and when an offer is displayed to customers on the checkout page — the place where they’re ready to make the purchase.
You can also design your offers to match brand style. But do note, AOVBoost only works for Shopify Plus stores. If your store hasn’t been upgraded to Plus yet, you may find other Rebuy alternatives which fulfill some of your requirements.
- Custom checkout upsells allow you to grab the attention of your customers right when they’re about to complete the purchase.
- Fully customizable upsell and cross-sell offer boxes giving you the choice to match the boxes with your existing styles or make them stand out
- The ability to upsell products based on the value of the cart will help you show different offers automatically when a minimum amount of cart value is met.
- Want to set a discount for a few days? Set a date range for your offer to show up and AOVBoost will take care of the rest
- Add custom discounts to your upsell offers thus increasing conversions and making more sales.
AOVboost has one plan — $249/month. It offers unlimited access to all the revenue-generating features to improve AOV and increase store conversions.
- Easy to install and set up — Simply install the app and you’re ready to get started upselling
- Make offers look like they’re part of the checkout page with complete control over the look and feel
- Allow the addition of upsold products with a single click so customers can complete their purchases right away
- Offer discounts on products that are upsold without installing more apps or needing support
- Set the discounts and offers to automatically trigger on specific dates or date ranges so you can create all your offers upfront
- Works with all Shopify themes, without any additional configuration from your end
- Shopify Plus only as the checkout customization is currently limited to these upgraded stores
Orderbump is a one-click upsell app that helps merchants increase their average order value through checkout and post-purchase cross-sells and upsells. With an easy setup and flat monthly pricing, there are no percentages of sales taken – making it a great way to boost store revenue.
It takes just a few minutes to create your offer products to display to your customers, and can be set to target specific products that they already have in their carts and orders. Orderbump integrates with ReCharge, Skio Subscriptions, Bold Subscription, Shop Pay, and all Shopify subscription or checkout apps that utilize the Shopify checkout.
- Cross-sell and upsell offers with targeting enabled to allow you to only show offers to those who would find them relevant
- Lots of customization options so the offers do not look out of place
- One-click in-checkout upsells, cross-sells, and post-purchase upsells to enable easy checkout for those who opt into the offer
Orderbump starts at $39/month for standard Shopify stores and offers post-purchase upsells. You can go for the $139/month plan for Shopify Plus stores that adds checkout upsells.
- Order Bump has great cross-selling and upselling features that can help increase your average order value.
- You can test and optimize your upsells with built-in A/B testing, and track your results with detailed analytics.
- Orderbump allows you to offer additional products or services to your customers at checkout, increasing your average order value.
- Customizable checkout offer placement makes it easy to prioritize which bumps to show up first when you have multiple upsells
- Setting up Orderbump can be difficult for those without a technical background. You need to follow the installation process that requires you to add snippets of code within your Shopify liquid files.
- The upsell boxes can look out of place with the lack of design customization.
Aftersell is the leading post-purchase offer app for Shopify stores. With Aftersell, you can increase your average order value by showing a series of irresistible offers to customers after they’ve made a purchase.
Customers can accept these offers with a single click, without re-entering their payment information or going through checkout again. This converts better than regular upsells, bundles, popups, and other types of offers.
- Post-purchase 1-click upsell/down sell page editor helps you to create and customize post-purchase upsell/downsell pages without any coding required.
- With Aftersell, you can create both single-product and multi-product offers. This allows you to upsell multiple products on the same page, or offer a discount on a product when purchased with another product.
- Aftersell includes countdown timers, images, and text blocks that can be used to create more engaging upsell pages.
- You can trigger upsells based on a variety of factors, such as the products in the cart, the total cart value, the number of items in the cart, the customer’s tag, the customer’s order count, and the UTM parameters.
- Split-test your offers to see what converts best: With Aftersell, you can split-test your offers to see which ones convert the best.
Aftersell starts free for up to 50 orders per month and goes up to $149.99/month with a small fee per order.
- Aftersell makes it simple to set up a one-click upsell or down-sell that allows customers to immediately make an upgrade or an additional purchase from the Thank You page
- Customization capabilities are included to ensure that the offers have your store’s styling and colors
- Detailed analytics allow the flexibility to choose what data is displayed for reporting
- Aftersell only allows you to sell one product on the upsell page. This can be limiting as showcasing multiple products can offer customers the option to choose a higher-value product
- Some users find it difficult to set up Aftersell and require support help to guide them through. However, the support is quick to help out
UpsellPlus is a checkout upsell app only for Shopify Plus stores. It helps merchants increase their Average Order Value (AOV) by offering custom-designed upsells on the checkout page.
UpsellPlus is easy to set up and use, and it offers a wide range of customization options to match offers to your store’s theme and style. You can also use ShopBrain, UpsellPlus’ AI engine, to automatically recommend the best upsell funnels for your store.
- Customize the look and feel of your upsells to match your brand.
- UpsellPlus Checkout uses ShopBrain to recommend products to upsell to your customers based on their purchase history and preferences.
- Match the size of the upsell item with the size of the cart item, so your customers always get the right product.
- Automatically adapt the currency and language of your customers, so they always see the right prices and products.
- Optimized for mobile and desktop so your offers look just as good on mobile as they look on desktop or tablets.
- Performance Dashboards and Analytics that allow you to take a deep dive into how
UpsellPlus checkout starts at $49/month for the launch plan for up to $500 in monthly upsell revenue. The highest tier at $299/month offers unlimited upsell revenue.
- Full customizability on how the upsells look and feel on your post-purchase pages helps you match them to your website’s design
- Automatically recommend products for upsells through ShopBrain AI, making the process of creating upsells much easier
- Optimized for mobile devices so even your mobile visitors can see the same upsell as your desktop ones
- Performance dashboards and analytics to track how well your upsell campaigns are performing
- Limited to Shopify plus stores for its checkout customizability
- Can be difficult to install as users require support help to get started
5. Bold Upsell
Bold Upsell is an app that helps you increase your average order value by offering and replacing customers’ items with upgraded versions of their products. You can also upsell customers from a single product to a product bundle or kit, and cross-sell complementary products that are added to your customer’s cart.
With Bold Upsell, you can create upsell and cross-sell offers in minutes, track your upsell performance to optimize your offers, and maintain your branding throughout the shopper’s journey on all devices.
- Upsell customers from a single product to a product bundle or kit
- Cross-sell complementary products that are added to your customer’s cart
- Track your upsell performance to optimize your offers using the dashboard analytics
- Use Bold Brain to display data-backed upsell recommendations based on your customer’s activity to identify what upsell offers will convert the best
- Trigger strategic upsell offers based on cart value, or specific products in the cart
- Serve up additional offers based on your customer’s response to previous offers with our conditional logic
- Create high-converting shopping experiences with custom styling that maintains your branding throughout the shopper’s journey on all devices
Bold Upsell starts at $9.99 per month for 200 monthly views and unlimited offers. The Plus plan, at $19.99 per month, gives you 1,000 monthly views and upsells/cross-sells support.
You can also opt for the Enterprise plan at $89.99 per month for unlimited views and offers.
- Excellent customer support that understands the technology behind the tools to help you fix issues with theme incompatibility
- Bold offers a large suite of apps that collectively help you increase your store revenue so you do not need to look outside for additional functionality
- Ability to create urgency with countdown timers or offer discounts for customers who purchase multiple items
- Bold Upsell integrates seamlessly with Shopify’s checkout process, so you don’t need to worry about customers getting confused when they’re trying to make a purchase
- Analytics are inflexible and limiting with how you filter the data for your reporting
- Features like discounted upsells, thank you page upsells, and others require the purchase of an additional app from the Bold suite of apps
- Bold apps edit the theme code and are known to break your store’s layout from time to time when the apps update.
ReConvert is a great upselling app that helps Shopify merchants boost their sales and average order value. With ReConvert, you can easily create personalized one-click upsell offers, cross-sell bundles, and post-purchase funnels that maximize your revenue.
Additionally, ReConvert comes with built-in optimization features such as thank you page customization, social media integration, and customer segmentation that help you outshine your competition.
- One-click upsells allow you to create a post-purchase upsell that customers can directly add to their cart and complete checkout — no friction.
- AI-product recommendation engine for personalized offers
- Customize your thank you page into a revenue-generating section with upsells, cross-sells, pop-up discounts, upsell product recommendations & urgency timers.
- Add personalized videos to make an amazing impression on new & returning customers & nudge them to recover cart
- Collect customer birthdays & sync with your existing email marketing tools to send brand-boosting offers
Reconvert starts free for up to 49 monthly orders. Stores with 50+ orders can start at $7.99/month, with a 0.75% of generated revenue fee. The prices go up to $799/month depending on your monthly orders.
- Offers a customizable cart and upsell offers page right from within the Shopify dashboard
- Minimal setup — users only need to install the app and set up the template to get started
- Provides an AI-powered product recommendation engine for personalized offers to shoppers
- Has a free plan for new Shopify stores that want to test the app
- Customer service is helpful and has the technical know-how to assist with issues arising with the app
- Some titles and fields have the wrong colors or sizes and this cannot be overridden using custom CSS via theme.css.liquid
- Does not offer pre-purchase upsells and can only work on thank you pages
7. Zipify OCU
Zipify OCU is a Shopify upsell app that allows you to create high-converting offers and boost your average order value. With built-in split testing, it’s easy to optimize your funnel for maximum revenue.
Plus, native Shopify integration makes it simple to increase campaign performance and save time on creating upsells.
- Easily create and customize one-click upsell offers
- Test offers, designs, copy, and quantity with built-in split testing
- Increase campaign performance with accurate data and tracking
- Save time and energy with Shopify’s reliable checkout
- Use on pre-, post-, or thank-you page upsells
Zipify One Click Upsell starts at $35/month + 1% of upsell revenue and goes up to $750/month for stores doing $50,000+ in monthly sales.
- An easy app to work with as store owners can simply switch the app on, add the products to upsell, and get started with making additional revenue
- Zipify has a great support team that goes above and beyond to ensure the issues are resolved for customers
- Offers split-testing capabilities built into the app so you can test offers on the Thank You page
- Allows upselling products based on the total value of products already in the cart making it easier to set a minimum threshold for the cart
- Reasonable pricing that makes Zipify accessible to even smaller stores
- The ThankYou page offers added by customers need to be manually checked. If a customer does not pay for the order after adding it, Zipify OCU still sends the order to shipping apps like ShipStation which can lead to sending free products to customers
- Zipify OCU upsell pages may cause people to pay for the upsold product accidentally and then cancel it. But the same does not get updated on the order listing so the store needs to manually refund customers
- The post-purchase funnels lack customizability so your funnel pages may not look like your store’s styling
Ready to boost your Shopify Plus store revenue?
Try AOVboost, the best Rebuy alternative for Shopify Plus stores. It helps increase your average order value by cross-selling complementary products during checkout.
It gives you complete control over how and when an offer is displayed to customers on the checkout page — the place where they’re ready to make the purchase.
With AOVBoost, there are no percentages of sales taken — making it a great way to boost store revenue with very little added effort!